Re: [SUMMARY] B & E (#72

Ross Bamford

3/31/2006 7:05:00 AM

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 01:43 +0900, Ruby Quiz wrote:
> This quiz turned out to be surprisingly tough. Ross Bamford seemed to get the
> tighter solution and it's not as big a difference as you might think.

Thanks both James and Stephen for a good quiz, this one really got me
thinking :) I knew my solution was slow, and at least I can now prove it
- check out Timothy Bennett's solution (which I think just missed the
summary, unfortunately) - it kicks my solution's ass on performance and
comes up with similar (even slightly shorter) codes. Good work, Tim!

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk

2 Answers

James Gray

On Mar 31, 2006, at 1:05 AM, Ross Bamford wrote:

> check out Timothy Bennett's solution (which I think just missed the
> summary, unfortunately)

Yes, I was done with the summary when this came in. :( It is very
nice though.

James Edward Gray II

Stephen Waits

On Mar 31, 2006, at 5:54 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> It is very nice though.

Indeed, as were all of the solutions. Thanks everyone for
participating!

--Steve