comp.programming

My explanation...

Ramine

10/21/2015 2:51:00 AM

Hello,

As you have noticed i have wrote my new algorithm versoin 1.31
of my scalable distributed reader-writer mutex, and just after that i
have made it sequential consistent, but you have to understand ladies
and gentlemen that i have implemented my new algorithm in Object Pascal
and i have ported it to FreePascal and Delphi, and they both (Delphi and
FreePascal compilers) respect the strong memory model of the x86
architecture, so it was much easier for me to make it sequential
consistent because you have only to take care of the following
non-guarantee listed in the x86 spec:

Loads may be reordered with older stores to different locations.

So i have made my new algorithm version 1.31 of my scalable distributed
reader-writer mutex sequential consistent with easy.

That's not the case for C++, C++ have made it difficult for sequential
consistency, because it respect the weak memory model that is much
difficult to reason about and that is prone to mistakes by programmers,
so becareful of C++ and languages that respect the weak memory model.

And also my new algorithm of a scalable reader-writer mutex version 1.31
take care of false-sharing and it is now sequential consistent and like
in Seqlock or RCU , my new scalable distributed reader-writer mutex
doesn't use any atomic operations and/or StoreLoad style memory barriers
on the reader side, so it's very fast and scalable..but you have to use
the define's option TLW_RWLockX or the define's option TRWLockX inside
the defines1.inc file for that.

You can download it from here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-distributed-reader-wr...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

kenobi

W dniu sroda, 21 pazdziernika 2015 01:48:50 UTC+2 uzytkownik Ramine napisal:
> Hello,
>

> As you have noticed i have wrote my new algorithm versoin 1.31
> of my scalable distributed reader-writer mutex, and just after that i
> have made it sequential consistent, but you have to understand ladies
> and gentlemen that i have implemented my new algorithm in Object Pascal
> and i have ported it to FreePascal and Delphi, and they both (Delphi and
> FreePascal compilers) respect the strong memory model of the x86
> architecture, so it was much easier for me to make it sequential
> consistent because you have only to take care of the following
> non-guarantee listed in the x86 spec:
>
> Loads may be reordered with older stores to different locations.
>

> So i have made my new algorithm version 1.31 of my scalable distributed
> reader-writer mutex sequential consistent with easy.
>

> That's not the case for C++, C++ have made it difficult for sequential
> consistency, because it respect the weak memory model that is much
> difficult to reason about and that is prone to mistakes by programmers,
> so becareful of C++ and languages that respect the weak memory model.
>

> And also my new algorithm of a scalable reader-writer mutex version 1.31
> take care of false-sharing and it is now sequential consistent and like
> in Seqlock or RCU , my new scalable distributed reader-writer mutex
> doesn't use any atomic operations and/or StoreLoad style memory barriers
> on the reader side, so it's very fast and scalable..but you have to use
> the define's option TLW_RWLockX or the define's option TRWLockX inside
> the defines1.inc file for that.
>

> You can download it from here:
>

> https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-distributed-reader-wr...
>

> Thank you,
> Amine Moulay Ramdane.

sorry spam lama, it goes to spam bin without reading, yea ^^