comp.programming

Seed7 Release 2015-09-14

mertesthomas

9/17/2015 7:17:00 PM

Hello,

I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150914.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
more obvious.

Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).

Many things happened since the last announcement in this group:
- There have been many performance improvements.
- Many bugs have been fixed.
- Several example programs are new. E.g. a raytracing demo.
- Programs with Unicode names for constants and variables are
supported now. Unicode names are activated with a pragma.
- Programs are checked for signed integer overflow now. Almost no
other language has this feature.
- There is a database interface for MySql/MariaDb, SQLLite,
PostgreSQL, Oracle and ODBC.
- There is support for TLS (Transport Layer Security), SSL (Secure
Sockets Layer) and HTTPS (HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure).
- Seed7 programs can be debugged with Eclipse. This is explained in
the FAQ.
- The makefile mk_emccw.mak has been added. This makefile supports
compiling with the emcc C compiler from Emscripten. The support of
Emscripten is experimental (see also src/read_me.txt).
- The makefile mk_icc.mak has been added. This makefile supports
compiling with the icc C compiler.
- The makefile mk_osxcl.mak has been added. This makefile supports
compilation under Mac OS X with the clang compiler.
- The type process has been added to the library process.s7i. The
type process is used to manage child processes.

Seed7 version 2015-09-14 can be downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files/?sou...

There is also a binary version for Windows (which downloads the
newest version of Seed7 on request). The binary Windows version
can be downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/...

The newest binary Windows version is currently
seed7_05_20150419_win.exe

Regards,
Thomas Mertes

--
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourc...

jim.j.barlow

Interesting.

mertesthomas

Am Montag, 21. September 2015 04:58:38 UTC+2 schrieb jim.j....@gmail.com:
> Interesting.

Thank you for your interrest in Seed7.
Yesterday I released a new version which is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/se...

It contains a demo program that writes dialogs with a
browser. My vision is that the same program can display
dialogs with a browser (also remote) and locally without
browser. There is a long way to go to realize this vision,
but the ide7 demo program is a first step into this direction.

Regards,
Thomas Mertes

--
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourc...