WWW::Mechanize and file uploading.

Michael Guterl

3/30/2006 3:58:00 AM

Hello all, I am fairly new to Ruby and I am loving every minute of it. I've
been doing a lot of reading on Ruby and I really like what I've seen thus
far. I am in the process of converting some Perl WWW::Mechanize code to
Ruby's WWW::Mechanize. Everything was going smooth until the portion where
I have to upload a file to the website.

Accessing page.forms[0].file_uploads[0] returns the
#<WWW::FileUpload:0x21614ec @file_data=nil, @file_name="Browse",
@name="txtUploadFile"> object. However, I cannot determine how to set the
path to the file that I wish to upload (the value of the textbox).

I've tried setting @file_data and @file_name to
'/Users/michaelguterl/test.txt' through the appropriate accessor method.
But each time I try and submit the form the website throws a nasty ASP
error. I know it is possible to do what I am trying to accomplish using
this approach. I'm just a little lost on the Ruby implementation of
WWW::Mechanize and trying to find anything on google is nearly impossible
with all the Perl stuff out there.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Guterl