comp.programming

active usenet groups related to programming

kenobi

8/17/2015 7:08:00 PM

could someone say what are still active
usenet groups releted to programming
(im personaly interested in asm, c, win32,
opencl, graphics, geme-programming - things like that, but wonder what groups for programming
yet in generall are still worth posting..)
3 Answers

David LaRue

fir <profesor.fir@gmail.com> wrote in

> could someone say what are still active
> usenet groups releted to programming
> (im personaly interested in asm, c, win32,
> opencl, graphics, geme-programming - things like that, but wonder what
> groups for programming yet in generall are still worth posting..)

Hello,

comp.lang.c++ and its variants are fairly active. Many other languages
have groups too. If you post in a group there is a good chance of getting
a reply in a day or so. You'll likely find someone interested in the same
things you are.

I connect to a couple text-only usenet servers and read nearly all active
groups once a week. There are a few high volume groups I don't monitor,
Just load a NNTP Client and look around. You'll find a lot of good stuff
even in other groups.

The more specific languages you mentinoed on the second line I don't see a
lot of posts for. I'm sure you might find activity if you post.

Good luck,

David

kenobi

W dniu wtorek, 18 sierpnia 2015 02:03:32 UTC+2 uzytkownik David LaRue napisal:
> fir <profesor.fir@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > could someone say what are still active
> > usenet groups releted to programming
> > (im personaly interested in asm, c, win32,
> > opencl, graphics, geme-programming - things like that, but wonder what
> > groups for programming yet in generall are still worth posting..)
>
> Hello,
>
> comp.lang.c++ and its variants are fairly active. Many other languages
> have groups too. If you post in a group there is a good chance of getting
> a reply in a day or so. You'll likely find someone interested in the same
> things you are.
>
> I connect to a couple text-only usenet servers and read nearly all active
> groups once a week. There are a few high volume groups I don't monitor,
> Just load a NNTP Client and look around. You'll find a lot of good stuff
> even in other groups.
>
> The more specific languages you mentinoed on the second line I don't see a
> lot of posts for. I'm sure you might find activity if you post.
>
> Good luck,
>
> David

got no usened reader.. thts why i dont see
the groups... (i tried but i disliked usenet readers really) ps would maybe someone
know is there usenet group for good opencl of
gp-gpu code optimistation maniacks?

or should i find some other nvidia/ati forum or wht?

> W dniu wtorek, 18 sierpnia 2015 02:03:32 UTC+2 użytkownik David LaRue
> napisaÅ?:
>> fir <profesor.fir@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>> > could someone say what are still active
>> > usenet groups releted to programming
>> > (im personaly interested in asm, c, win32,
>> > opencl, graphics, geme-programming - things like that, but wonder
>> > what groups for programming yet in generall are still worth
>> > posting..)
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> comp.lang.c++ and its variants are fairly active. Many other
>> languages
>
>> have groups too. If you post in a group there is a good chance of
>> gettin
>> a reply in a day or so. You'll likely find someone interested in the
>> sam
>> things you are.
>>
>> I connect to a couple text-only usenet servers and read nearly all
>> active
>
>> groups once a week. There are a few high volume groups I don't
>> monitor,
>
>> Just load a NNTP Client and look around. You'll find a lot of good
>> stuff
>
>> even in other groups.
>>
>> The more specific languages you mentinoed on the second line I don't
>> see
>> lot of posts for. I'm sure you might find activity if you post.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> David
>
> got no usened reader.. thts why i dont see
> the groups... (i tried but i disliked usenet readers really) ps would
> maybe someone know is there usenet group for good opencl of
> gp-gpu code optimistation maniacks?
>
> or should i find some other nvidia/ati forum or wht?

If you use Windows try the XNews reader. It is cheap. Join aioe or
another free usenet feed. It will get you what you want and free you
from the web interface - I hate them, much too slow.