comp.programming

stack overflow gone to sh*t

kenobi

8/17/2015 9:10:00 AM

dont know if someona has mentioned it
SO now i full of lamers who downwote
many good questions, gave absolutely idiotic
anti answers, also close comment questions
as duplicate when even dont reading them
a bit -- it is all in the atmosphere of
many official quazi-wise rules of forum usage
(more text abaut rules - where feeds a crowd of donkeys - indeed it is a pice of
kindergarten lamas)... (many could say thats
the world not only forums)
5 Answers

compactcpp

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:10:08 PM UTC-10, fir wrote:
> dont know if someona has mentioned it
> SO now i full of lamers who downwote
> many good questions, gave absolutely idiotic
> anti answers, also close comment questions
> as duplicate when even dont reading them
> a bit -- it is all in the atmosphere of
> many official quazi-wise rules of forum usage
> (more text abaut rules - where feeds a crowd of donkeys - indeed it is a pice of
> kindergarten lamas)... (many could say thats
> the world not only forums)

I'd have to disagree, as good content still exists on SO and as a niche community that wants to stay as one, it's gonna piss people off. Yeah, they're rude but they do what they say, so...

kenobi

W dniu wtorek, 18 sierpnia 2015 03:23:15 UTC+2 uzytkownik compa...@gmail.com napisal:
> On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:10:08 PM UTC-10, fir wrote:
> > dont know if someona has mentioned it
> > SO now i full of lamers who downwote
> > many good questions, gave absolutely idiotic
> > anti answers, also close comment questions
> > as duplicate when even dont reading them
> > a bit -- it is all in the atmosphere of
> > many official quazi-wise rules of forum usage
> > (more text abaut rules - where feeds a crowd of donkeys - indeed it is a pice of
> > kindergarten lamas)... (many could say thats
> > the world not only forums)
>
> I'd have to disagree, as good content still exists on SO and as a niche community that wants to stay as one, it's gonna piss people off. Yeah, they're rude but they do what they say, so...

ye, but as a niche... there is a niche of good content and a crowd of lame idiots - if they regulate moderate this sh8T they should moderate those lame idiots not give it to be
moderated by those lame idiots (who really
play as an idiots there).. well its their problem.. if i get insulted this way by some moderation of such forum of idiots im stopped
mix with them, so its their fault

JJ

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 02:10:05 -0700 (PDT), fir wrote:
> dont know if someona has mentioned it
> SO now i full of lamers who downwote
> many good questions, gave absolutely idiotic
> anti answers, also close comment questions
> as duplicate when even dont reading them
> a bit -- it is all in the atmosphere of
> many official quazi-wise rules of forum usage
> (more text abaut rules - where feeds a crowd of donkeys - indeed it is a pice of
> kindergarten lamas)... (many could say thats
> the world not only forums)

SO is not for amateurs. Period.

kenobi

W dniu sroda, 19 sierpnia 2015 22:19:13 UTC+2 uzytkownik JJ napisal:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 02:10:05 -0700 (PDT), fir wrote:
> > dont know if someona has mentioned it
> > SO now i full of lamers who downwote
> > many good questions, gave absolutely idiotic
> > anti answers, also close comment questions
> > as duplicate when even dont reading them
> > a bit -- it is all in the atmosphere of
> > many official quazi-wise rules of forum usage
> > (more text abaut rules - where feeds a crowd of donkeys - indeed it is a pice of
> > kindergarten lamas)... (many could say thats
> > the world not only forums)
>
> SO is not for amateurs. Period.

swo why they occupy it wit such a crowd

JJ

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:33:54 -0700 (PDT), fir wrote:

>> SO is not for amateurs. Period.
>
> swo why they occupy it wit such a crowd

Newbies, obviously.

SO's rules kind of backfired.
Even amateurs can gain power, eventually.
From small votes of many posts, over time.
In the end, we got low standard power users which can gradually lower the
whole site's standard.

If you can't find a good answer, either you have searched the wrong
question, or there isn't any good answer yet.