comp.programming

Scalability prediction

Ramine

8/7/2015 11:49:00 PM

Hello,

As you have noticed i have implemented a concurrent Skiplist,
the interface of my concurrent Skiplist is very fexible,
and as you have noticed i am using one distributed reader-writer mutex
to implement my concurrent algorithm, so i am not using RCU or SMR or
VZoom, so i have done a scalability prediction for this algorithm,
and i have noticed that on a 32 NUMA nodes computer and 50 millions
of read , write and delete requests, with a workload of 0.5% of writes
and ~99% of reads, it will give a throughput of 50 millions request per
10 seconds , that's cool.

On a non-NUMA Quadcore it will give 4X scalability.

You can download my new concurrent Skiplist version 1.02 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/concurren...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.