Ruby and SQL Queries

Josh Otter

3/27/2006 11:17:00 PM

Hi all,
I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
to talk to a SQL database.

1) Install freedts

2) Install sqlrelay

3) ??

I installed freedts, but I am having problems install sqlrelay (gentoo).
Is there a easier way to do quieries in Ruby?

Thanks,
Otter

james_b

Josh Otter wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
> basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
> through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
> to talk to a SQL database.
>
> 1) Install freedts
>
> 2) Install sqlrelay
>
> 3) ??

This may help

http://ruby-dbi.ruby...

--
James Britt

"Blanket statements are over-rated"

Gregory Brown

On 3/27/06, Josh Otter <crackotter@warmflatrock.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to Ruby ( and to Miscrosft SQL). I want to be able to do very
> basic queries from ruby to a external MS SQL databse. I have searched
> through the web and it seems you have to jump through hoops to get ruby
> to talk to a SQL database.

On windows using the 1 click installer ruby-dbi comes installed by
default with ODBC drivers and you can access MS-SQL that way without
installing anything.