comp.programming

Here is finally what i want to say...

Ramine

3/19/2015 1:54:00 AM

Hello,

Here is finally what i want to say...

I have seen many researchers inventing concurrent datastructures
such as AVL trees and Red-Black trees and Skiplists.. and i have
seen them speaking about there good scalability... but if
you read my previous posts, there is still a big problem ! since
you can not avoid contention on NUMA nodes when using
those concurrent datastructures, so, like in realtime systems, you
CAN NOT guaranty a throughput of a certain good "speed", and this
also a criterion that is very important, and since you can not guaranty
a good speed , this is not what we call good "quality" or good scalability.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.