comp.programming

We are safe...

Ramine

3/17/2015 9:30:00 PM

Hello,

I think we are safe, i have talked about my SeqlockX that is a variant
of Seqlock that eliminates livelock on the readers side when there is
many writers, and you have seen me thinking and thinking , what i have
tried to do is resumed on the following question: how to implement
something that looks like an concurrent AVL tree or concurrent Red Black
tree or concurrent Skiplist that scales on read-mostly scenarios without
the need of RCU ? as you have seen me talking before i have
said that Seqlock can not be used with datastructures that use
pointers, because SeqLOCK is using an optimistic synchronization
mechanism on the reader side, and since the writer side can modify the
pointers, so the reader side can have serious problems , so we have to
forgot using Seqlock with datastructures such as AVL trees or Red-Black
trees or Skiplists, so how then can we elevate this contraint and
problem ? i am using Delphi and FreePascal, and on Delphi and Freepascal
there is a datastructure called "StringList", it is an array based
datastructure that uses a binary search to maintain a sorted array etc.
and this datastructure can be used with my SeqlockX and it will give the
same characteristics and performance as an AVL tree or Red Black tree or
Skiplist on "read-mostly" scenarios, so this idea of using this sort of
datastructure has resolved the problem, so no need to use RCU , my
SeqlockX will do perfectly the job and you will
get fantastic results and it will perfectly scale this datastructure
such us StringList on read-mostly scenarios on multicores !

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.