comp.programming

Scalability prediction...

Ramine

3/17/2015 6:53:00 PM

Hello,

I have done a scalability prediction for a concurrent AVL tree that uses
the following Distributed reader-writer mutex:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-distributed-reader-wr...

Since the GetCurrentProcessorNumber() function that is used
by the distributed reader-writer mutex is parallelized on multicores,
and since the LockedExchangeAdd() of my LW_RWlockX that is used
by the distributed reader-writer mutex is taking few CPU cycles,
so i have done a scalability prediction for a concurrent AVL tree that
uses keys as strings using this distributed reader-writer mutex and it
has given 50X speedup on multicores, you will get 50x if the data
corresponding to each key is small, but if the data corresponding to
each key is bigger you will get much more speedup than 50X on multicores.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

This scalability prediction was done for read-mostly workloads.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.