comp.programming

About concurrent database systems ...

Ramine

3/12/2015 12:39:00 PM

Hello,

I was thinking more about concurrency and database systems,
as you know B+Trees can be used to implement a disk based database,
AVL trees also can be used to implement a concurrent in-memory database,
but i have thought more about this, and i think that my
StringTree and my Parallel archiver and a concurrent AVL tree can be
used to implement a powerful concurrent database system that supports
SQL statements and that is fast and that will keep the indexes in-memory
and all the datas in a disk based file using my parallel archiver, so
this design is cool and fast i think... what is my proof of concept ? if
you have a database table with some entities, you can store the data of
the table as a directory name inside my StringTree and the keys and
entities as file's names inside StringTree, and you can store the types
of entities in another directory using the table's name, after that you
can implement the SQL statements insert() and update() and delete() and
and select() easily .. the select() statemement of SQL will be
imnplemented using an object and its methods like "where()", after that
you can store the data inside my parallel archiver, so every time you
call the insert() method , the insert() method will write the key as an
id inside the directory of StringTree that represents the table .. this
is the same for the other SQL statements, and when you will want to
create indexes with the SQL statement , the indexes will be created
in-memory using an concurrent AVL-tree... and about fault tolerancy you
will use my parallel archiver for that, cause my parallel archiver
supports fault tolerancy.. and my parallel archiver supports also
compression and encyption , so your database system will support
encryption and compression, all in all you can really use my StringTree
and my parallel archiver and a concurrent AVL tree to implement a
concurrent and a powerful database system that supports SQL statements
! nd to make you database system client-server using threads that's the
easy part...

You can download my StringTree and my parallel archiver from:

https://sites.google.com/site...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.