comp.programming

Agile project management...

Ramine

2/25/2015 8:17:00 PM

Hello,

What you have seen me saying in my preivousi posts is that we have to
take into account many critera in software quality, such us:

- Reliability
- Efficiency
- Security
- Maintainability
- Identifying critical programming errors
- and portability
- expressivness

And how to attain a "good" software quality is by setting the goals that
are to score high on those criterions above, and to score high on those
criterions above is a necessary but not a sufficient condition, because
in software lifecycle we must also use a project management like agile
project management and methodology that is more optimal to be able to
deliver a software with minimal "costs", "waste", and "time", thus
enabling companies to be competitive and achieve gains.

Agile Project Management reduces complexity by breaking down the
many-months-long cycle of building requirements for the whole project,
building the entire product and then testing to find hundreds of product
flaws. Instead small, usable segments of the software product are
specified, developed and tested in manageable, two- to four-week cycles.

And you have to set the project goals, adapting to changing project
requirements and setting priorities for product features.

You have also to prioritize the tasks and removes impediments to
handling tasks.

And you have to handle most of the task assignment, daily detail
management, progress reporting and quality control for the product.

Agile project management continuously evaluates time and cost as primary
constraints. Rapid feedback, continuous adaptation and QA best practices
are built in to the teamâ??s committed schedules, ensuring top-quality
output and proven processes.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.