comp.programming

About C and C++

Ramine

2/25/2015 1:00:00 AM

Hello,

I have saw some programmers talking about C on the C's forums...

But as you have seen me talking before on my post titled
"Software life cycle" , you have noticed that i have talked about
the criterions that is "Maintainability" and "modifiability",
what i don't like in C is that if you want to group efficiently
functions and some propoerties that are shared inside an
object , you can not do that efficiently as can do Object Pascal
or C++, if you are writing in C you have to use global variables,
but that's not good for "maintenance" and "clarity" of the code,
in C++ or Object pascal you will not use global variables but
you will use an object that enhance the clarity and maintainability...
this is why i don't like C, other than that since Java is garbage
collected it enhance the "Reliability" and "Security" criterions, ADA
also is good at Reliability and security, i think C and C++ score
less on those criterions that are reliability and security than
Java or ADA.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Richard Heathfield

On 25/02/15 00:59, Ramine wrote:

<snip>

> what i don't like in C is that if you want to group efficiently
> functions and some propoerties that are shared inside an
> object , you can not do that efficiently as can do Object Pascal
> or C++,

Well, you can, actually. C has this thing called a function pointer.

> if you are writing in C you have to use global variables,

That's complete nonsense, and is a clear sign that you don't know how to
use C.

<snip>

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Ramine

Hello,

Even if you can use structs to group functions and there shared
variables in C, that's not as efficient as C++ or Object Pascal,
in C++ or Object Pascal you can use public and private... properties and
that's efficient and you can use also generics and lambda expressions
to write less code and to easy maintenance... C is becoming an "old"
thing that makes the things more complex and difficult for us
programmers i think...

Amine Moulay Ramdane.