comp.programming

Software life cycle...

Ramine

2/25/2015 12:07:00 AM

Hello,

As you have seen me talking here, i have talked in my previous post
about "software quality and programming", what you have seen me saying
is that we have to take into account many critera in software quality,
such us:

- Reliability
- Efficiency
- Security
- Maintainability
- Identifying critical programming errors
- and portability
- expressivness

But I have forget to talk about the modifiability's criterion , because
modifiability is important also, that means if you do modify a method or
an object inside the software , this modification must have as a
"consequence" to create a "localized" modification to the method or to
the object to easy also maintenance and to improve "maintainability", so
this is the criterion called modifiability that we must take into
account and this is the goal that we must attain by using object
oriented programming etc. Anyway, what's i want to say in this post, is
that what you have seen me talking about is how to attain a good
software quality by setting the goals that are to score high on those
criterions above , but to score high on those criterions above is a
necessary but not a sufficient condition, because in software lifecycle
we must also use a methodology like agile methodology that is more
optimal to be able to deliver a software with minimal "costs", "waste",
and "time", thus enabling companies to be competitive and achieve gains.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane,.