comp.programming

About software quality and programming

Ramine

2/23/2015 11:44:00 PM

Hello,

I was thinking more, and i have noticed that you haven't agreed with
me that my parallel varfiler can be called an invention... and that
other of my programming projects are inventions too, but anyway my
inventions have to be judged on the critera of "quality" i think, and
speaking about software "quality", i have to define what's the
"criterions" that allow us to judge software quality, we have the
following criterons that permit us to judge software quality:

- Reliability
- Efficiency
- Security
- Maintainability
- Identifying critical programming errors
- and portability
- expressivness

But i have to be frank with you, what i have found difficult is when
only one individual must fulfill the goal alone of attaining a high
level degree of software quality , i mean when you are implementing a
programming project alone , you have to take into account all the above
criteria alone, and to fullfil the most important goal of programming
that is a high degree of "quality" alone... but when you are working in
a team , the manager of the team has to divide the work efficiently
between members of the team so that each one have not to take into
account all the above criteria alone, but has to fullfil this goal only
for some of the above criterions, so that programming becomes much
easier and efficient, this is what i have tried to achieve alone by
implementing my parallel varfiler, so the question is then: does my
parallel varfiler fulfill this goal of a high degree of software quality
? i think that my parallel varfiler is good, cause on the criterion of
reliability it is good, cause it is stable and it is even fault tolerant
to power failures, and to "disk full" errors etc.
and on the criterion of efficiency it is good also, because it is fast
and efficient, and on the criterion of maintainability, it is good also,
because it is easy to maintain, and on the criteria of expressivness it
is good also, cause my parallel varfiler is
a parallel hashtable that works from the memory and it can also work
from memory and from the hardisk, and you can easily save manually the
parallel hashtable to a hardisk's file, or you can configure parallel
varfiler to save "automaticly" your keys and corresponding datas to a
hardisk's file at realtime, i mean when you call update() or delete() or
add()... it can do it at realtime on memory and on the hardisk's file,
and my parallel varfiler is a parallel hashtable that uses lock striping
so it is good... and on the portability criterion my parallel varfiler
is portable to other operating systems such us windows, linux and MacOSX
on x86 systems. This is why i have told you that you will not find this
concept that i have designed and called parallel varfiler
on C++ and C# or Java, if you are not convinced , can you show me
were my parallel varfiler has been implemented on C++ or C# or Java ?
so this is why i have told you that my parallel varfiler is a good
candidate to be called an invention, and i think that my other projects
such us my parallel conjugate gradient linear system solver library that
is cache-aware and scalable on NUMA architecture, and my other projects
and inventions too , are good also...

You can download my projects from here:

https://sites.google.com/site...

Thank you for your time.