comp.programming

StringTree was updated to version 1.1

Ramine

2/20/2015 1:13:00 AM

Hello,

StringTree was updated to version 1.1...

I have optimized more my StringTree, what i have noticed is that
i have to design it also like database, so i have noticed that i must
add an "index" that is the "CreationOrder" to the Path, this new index
that i have added using my very fast HashStringList have allowed
to optimize more the search that is done by the method that is called
FindFile() and FindFirstFile(), this new index that i have added have
render the FindFile() method 27 times faster than my previous version
that was not indexed on the "CreationOrder", so all in all StringTree
version 1.1 is really very fast now, adding one million files is taking
only 1.2 seconds on my benchmark on my Intel Quadcore Q6600 clocked at
2.4 Ghz, and the delete's methodes are also fast, and the search method
with FindFile() and FindFirstFile() have become really really fast !
i have also stress tested StringTree and i think it is now stable,
so all in all my new StringTree version 1.1 can be considered
to have the same level of quality as a good industrial library.

You can download my new StringTree version 1.1:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

I correct some typos , please read again...

Hello,

StringTree was updated to version 1.1...

I have optimized more my StringTree, what i have noticed is that i have
to design it also like database, so i have noticed that i must add an
"index" that is the "CreationOrder" to the Path, this new index
that i have added using my very fast HashStringList has allowed to
optimize more the search that is done by the method that is called
FindFile() and FindFirstFile(), this new index that i have added have
render the FindFile() method 27 times faster than my previous version
that was not indexed on the "CreationOrder", so all in all StringTree
version 1.1 is really very fast now, adding one million files is taking
only 1.2 seconds on my benchmark on my Intel Quadcore Q6600 clocked at
2.4 Ghz, and the delete's methods are also fast, and the search methods