comp.programming

The new benchmark for one million files

Ramine

2/19/2015 9:11:00 PM

Hello,

I have made a mistake on my previous benchmark benchmark for my
StringTree, the previous benchmark was adding "two" millions files , but
here is the benchmark for one million files using the new optimized
version of my StringTree:

I have redone a benchmark for my new StringTree , i have created 10
directories with 100000 files each, on my CPU Quadcore Q6600 clocked at
2.4 Ghz and it has scored only 1.2 seconds to create the one million
files, so my new version is really very fast ! and i have done a
FindFile() on a file's name that is contained in each directory that
contains 100000 files and it has took 7100 microseconds, the delete's
methods are also really very fast, so my StringTree library is really
very fast and it can be considered to have the same level of quality as
a good industrial library.

You can download my StringTree from, the new version is still at 1.0:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.
1 Answer

Ramine

On 2/19/2015 1:11 PM, Ramine wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have made a mistake on my previous benchmark benchmark for my
> StringTree, the previous benchmark was adding "two" millions files , but
> here is the benchmark for one million files using the new optimized
> version of my StringTree:
>

> I have redone a benchmark for my new StringTree , i have created 10
> directories with 100000 files each, on my CPU Quadcore Q6600 clocked at
> 2.4 Ghz and it has scored only 1.2 seconds to create the one million
> files, so my new version is really very fast ! and i have done a
> FindFile() on a file's name that is contained in each directory that
> contains 100000 files and it has took 7100 microseconds, the delete's

The FindFile() on each of the 10 directories with 100000 files each that
contain a file's name to search has took 500 microseconds, not 7200
microseconds, so StringTree is really very fast.