comp.programming

About my StringTree and benchmark

Ramine

2/18/2015 2:18:00 AM

Hello,

I have done a benchmark for my StringTree, and i have created 10
directoriers with 100000 file each, on my CPU Quadcore Q6600 clocked at
2.4 Ghz and it has took only 2.8 seconds to create the one million
files, that's really very fast ! and i have done a FindFile() on a
file's name that is contained in each directory that contains 100000
files and it has took 7200 microseconds, so my StringTree library is
really very fast and it can be considered to have the same level of
quality as an industrial library.

You can download my StringTree from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.
2 Answers

Ramine

I correct some typos...

Hello,

I have done a benchmark for my StringTree, and i have created 10
directories with 100000 files each, on my CPU Quadcore Q6600 clocked at
2.4 Ghz and it has took only 2.8 seconds to create the one million
files, that's really very fast ! and i have done a FindFile() on a
file's name that is contained in each directory that contains 100000
files and it has took 7200 microseconds, so my StringTree library is
really very fast and it can be considered to have the same level of
quality as an industrial library.

You can download my StringTree from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Ramine

The delete's methods are very fast also...