comp.programming

About Delphi and FreePascal...

Ramine

2/13/2015 11:10:00 PM

Hello,

As you have noticed i am implementing my libraries using the
Delphi and FreePascal compilers, i must say that the Object Pascal
language that i am using is a fantastic language, cause it has
allowed me for example to code 2000 lines of "stable" code of StringTree
in one day , that's really amazing how is efficient Delphi and
FreePascal language, what is much more amazing is that Object Pascal is
so much easy that i have not even used a debugger in all my projects
that i think are stable now, i have used only some few writeln() and
that's all, so i think FreePascal and Delphi are powerful compilers,
also i have tested the new 64 bit FPC here:
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snaps...

and i have tried to do the scimark2 benchmarks and it is giving a really
amazing performance on 64 bit compiler that was optimized more:

For Visual C++ 32 bit it gives:

Using 2.00 seconds min time per kenel.

Composite Score: 701.59
FFT Mflops: 519.89 (N=1024)
SOR Mflops: 622.40 (100 x 100)
MonteCarlo: Mflops: 101.07
Sparse matmult Mflops: 893.77 (N=1000, nz=5000)
LU Mflops: 1370.82 (M=100, N=100)

For csharp it gives:

Composite Score: 531.97 MFlops
FFT : 501.18 - (1024)
SOR : 711.62 - (100x100)
Monte Carlo : 31.85
Sparse MatMult : 553.74 - (N=1000, nz=5000)
LU : 861.49 - (100x100)

And for FreePascal 64 bit (from the trunk that was optimized)

Composite Score MFlops: 581.20
FFT Mflops: 404.46 (N=1024)
SOR Mflops: 717.01 (100 x 100)
MonteCarlo: Mflops: 113.12
Sparse matmult Mflops: 810.49 (N=1000, nz=5000)
LU Mflops: 860.90 (M=100, N=100)

So all in all that's a good news for FreePascal and Delphi...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane,