comp.programming

My next projects and algorithms

Ramine

1/30/2015 11:48:00 PM

Hello,

I was thinking about my next projects and algorithms...

And here is what i am thinking to implement:

As you have noticed i have implemented my Parallel archiver,
you can download it and read about it here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/paralle...

I was thinking more and more and i think my Parallel archiver can
be used as a base to implement a parallel file system and parallel
database system...

How my Parallel archiver can be used to imoplement a parallel file system ?

Look at my parallel archiver i am storing the paths's names of my files
inside the Parallel archiver's archive, and this is useful cause
i can use AVL trees and use my Parallel archiver to implement a
parallel file system, for example if i have two paths's names such
as "/amine/products/cpu" and "/amine/products/motherboards",
i can split the paths and store the directory called "amine"
inside an in-memory AVL tree, and i can store the second directory
called "products" inside the parent's "amine" AVL tree, and i can store
the "cpu" and "motherboards" directories inside the parent's "products"
AVL tree, this way it will be easy to implement a parallel file system
and the files of the file system will be stored inside the hardisk
archiver and it will be access in O(1) time complexity and the
directories's names and the files's names will be stored inside the
in-memory AVL trees and they will be accessed in log(n) time
complexity, and of course i will use my Distributed sequential lock in
each AVL tree etc. this is my new idea to implement a file system
using my Parallel archiver. I can extend this idea of a parallel file
system using my Parallel archiver to implement also a parallel database
system, all i have to do is implement indexed tables and
and there more complex operations and this is easy to do, i have
just to store for example the files inside the "cpu" directory that
contains the index that is "cpu frequency" inside
another AVL tree so that you can use an SQL statement to query the index
that is "cpu frequency", the tables's names that will be indexed will be
stored for example inside a hashtable so that it will be accessed very
fast, and this is how i will implement a database system using my
Parallel archiver and by extending the idea of implementing a parallel
file system using my Parallel archiver, and of course the database
system will be a parallel database system using my Distributed
sequentiel lock in each AVL trees etc.

Finally as you have noticed this is my new ideas of my next
projects that i will implement if i have more time to do
it.

Thank you for your time.

Amine Moulay Ramdane.