Which Rails book is good?

pmak-adwords

3/26/2006 1:41:00 PM

Any suggestions on which book for Rails is better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web Development with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers

4 Answers

MartinKess

Agile Web Development with Rails was very well written in my opinion,
but I haven't read any of the other books.

john peter

Is Ruby on Rails from O'Reilly out already? I thought it won't be released
until July. The Agile Web Development book is pretty good. Given that
the author of Ruby on Rails is also a famous one (Bruce Tate), it should
be good. (I've read Bruce Tate's other works so I'm looking forward to this
one as well)

pmak-adwords@aaanime.net wrote: Any suggestions on which book for Rails is better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web Development with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers

---------------------------------

pmak-adwords

> Is Ruby on Rails from
> O'Reilly out already?

Not in paper form, but O'Reilly is selling the PDF version on their
website (which will be updated as they refine it).

ngw

-pmak-adwords@aaanime.net <pmak-adwords@aaanime.net>:
> Any suggestions on which book for Rails is better (I have no prior
>
> experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
> Perl/Ruby and MySQL):
>
> Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
> from O'Reilly
>
> Agile Web Development with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
> Ruby Series)
> from the Pragmatic Programmers

The one I prefer actually is Ruby for Rails (http://manning.com/b...).

ngw