comp.programming

Apple lle commands, Applesoft basic commands

Waffleman

1/28/2015 5:00:00 PM

Hey, I just need someone to tell me how to do the following commands are
How do i save a program to a floppy disk
What is the command that that lets people enter input like saying yes or no
All of these for the apple lle

4 Answers

Kaz Kylheku

On 2015-01-28, Waffleman <blaisesanta@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I just need someone to tell me how to do the following commands are
> How do i save a program to a floppy disk

What kind of program? Applesoft Basic?

The BASIC program is loaded with "LOAD <filename" and saved with "SAVE <filename>".
CATALOG lists the files on disk.

Machine code is saved with BSAVE <filename>, <start_address>, <length>.

There is BLOAD to load binary code into memory and BRUN to execute it.

> What is the command that that lets people enter input like saying yes or no
> All of these for the apple lle

This Wiki has what appears to be an Applesoft BASIC reference.

http://apple2.info/wiki/index.php?title=Apple...

There are probably lots of other references.

Peter \"Shaggy\" Haywood

Groovy hepcat Kaz Kylheku was jivin' in comp.programming on Thu, 29 Jan 2015
07:54 am. It's a cool scene! Dig it.

> On 2015-01-28, Waffleman <blaisesanta@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey, I just need someone to tell me how to do the following commands are
>> How do i save a program to a floppy disk
>
> What kind of program? Applesoft Basic?
>
> The BASIC program is loaded with "LOAD <filename" and saved with "SAVE
> <filename>". CATALOG lists the files on disk.
>
> Machine code is saved with BSAVE <filename>, <start_address>, <length>.

Actually, it's BSAVE <filename>, A<start_address>, L<length>
or BSAVE <filename>, A<start_address>, E<end_address>. Note the A and L and
E. Addresses and length can be expressed in decimal or in hex preceeded by
a $ sign. Eg.:

BSAVE HI-RES-GFX, A$2000, E$3FFF

> There is BLOAD to load binary code into memory and BRUN to execute it.

BRUN loads a file in and runs it. BLOAD only loads it in. You can then run
it by using the CALL command. Pass the address (in decimal) of the loaded
file to CALL.
load the file at a different address. The same options exist for BRUN.
However, be careful running non-relocatable executable binaries in
addresses they're not ment to run in.

>> What is the command that that lets people enter input like saying yes or
>> no All of these for the apple lle

There's INPUT for line based input and GET for single character input.
Take your pick.

--

----- Dig the NEW and IMPROVED news sig!! -----

-------------- Shaggy was here! ---------------
Ain't I'm a dawg!!

Richard Heathfield

Peter "Shaggy" Haywood wrote:

<snip>

> Take your pick.

Hey Shaggy, LONG time no see.

Look, there's something I've been meaning to mention over the last fifteen
years or so. Never quite got round to it. And it's rather delicate, so I'm
going to have to whisper it.

V ungr gb or gur bar gb oernx vg gb lbh, ohg ab, lbh nva'g ab qnjt.
(Fbeel nobhg gung.)

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Peter \"Shaggy\" Haywood

Groovy hepcat Richard Heathfield was jivin' in comp.programming on Mon, 2
Feb 2015 07:41 am. It's a cool scene! Dig it.

> Peter "Shaggy" Haywood wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Take your pick.
>
> Hey Shaggy, LONG time no see.

In the words of Daffy Duck, "Thtill lurking about!"

> Look, there's something I've been meaning to mention over the last fifteen
> years or so. Never quite got round to it. And it's rather delicate, so I'm
> going to have to whisper it.
>
> V ungr gb or gur bar gb oernx vg gb lbh, ohg ab, lbh nva'g ab qnjt.
> (Fbeel nobhg gung.)

Oh, Richard, that hurts! Woof!