comp.programming

Calculate MTBF, MTTF, and Availability

xeon Mailinglist

I am trying to calculate MTBF, MTTF, and Avalability using the problem below. Can you see if my answers are correct?

A system has on average one failure every 4000 hours, and the repair takes 4 hours.

Calculate the reliability in terms of MTTF? I think it is 4000.

Calculate the reliability in terms of MTBF? I think it is 3994

Calculate the maintainability in terms of MTTR? I think it is 4.

Calculate its availability based on MTBF and MTTR? I think it is 3996/4000=0.99

Thanks,