comp.programming

linked lists

Bill Cunningham

1/12/2015 8:18:00 PM

I have to even bring this up. But I need to learn it. Linked lists have
always given me hell. It's the algorithmic part. Iteration especially. I am
using C. someone gave me an example and the syntax was confusing to me
concernign the interations using the for keyword. The function I am using
is pcap_findalldevs() found here:

http://www.tcpdump.org/manpages/pcap_findalldevs....

The next element of the struct pcap_t type points to the next page. Is there
a simple example how to use for to go to the next page and back if needed. A
simple example.

Bill

1 Answer

Bill Cunningham

"Bill Cunningham" <nospam@nspam.invalid> wrote in message
> I have to even bring this up. But I need to learn it. Linked lists have
> always given me hell. It's the algorithmic part. Iteration especially. I
> am
> using C. someone gave me an example and the syntax was confusing to me
> concernign the interations using the for keyword. The function I am using
> is pcap_findalldevs() found here:
>
> http://www.tcpdump.org/manpages/pcap_findalldevs....
>
> The next element of the struct pcap_t type points to the next page. Is
> there a simple example how to use for to go to the next page and back if
> needed. A simple example.
>
> Bill

I guess that is "struct pcap_if_t" type.