[ANN] Libxsl-Ruby 0.3.6

Ross Bamford

3/24/2006 11:28:00 AM

Gems: gem install libxsl-ruby
Download: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?gr...
Docs: http://libxsl.ruby...

Brief description:

Libxsl-Ruby provides libxslt bindings for Ruby. libxslt is a very fast
XSLT engine based on libxml2 (the XML C library developed for the Gnome
project). See http://xmlsoft... for more information.

Libxsl-Ruby builds on (and requires) Libxml-Ruby
(http://libxml-rub...). If not downloading via gems you will need
to install libxml-ruby before use.

This is part of an ongoing effort to revive the Libxml/Libxsl-Ruby
projects with the help of original author Sean Chittenden.

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk

6 Answers

Trans

A hearty CONGRATS! I'm very glad to see these libs blossom and I'm also
glad to Sean active again behind them. Great work!

The XML Arab,
T.

Ross Bamford

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:28 +0900, Trans wrote:
> A hearty CONGRATS! I'm very glad to see these libs blossom and I'm also
> glad to Sean active again behind them. Great work!

Thanks, Trans. We're pretty happy to have a release of both libs out
now, and have gotten some interesting feedback already so things are
looking pretty good :)

I'm glad I volunteered, it's been a great way for me to learn the Ruby/C
API.

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk

Its Me

This looks extremely useful, thanks so much.

Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that kind
of thing can be done with gems)

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 00:33 +0900, itsme213 wrote:

> Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that kind
> of thing can be done with gems)

Not at present, we're maintaining libxml-ruby and libxsl-ruby as
separate projects, though the libxsl-ruby gem should offer to install
libxml-ruby if you don't have it already.

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk

Its Me

"Ross Bamford" <rossrt@roscopeco.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that
>> kind
>> of thing can be done with gems)
>
> Not at present, we're maintaining libxml-ruby and libxsl-ruby as
> separate projects, though the libxsl-ruby gem should offer to install
> libxml-ruby if you don't have it already.

I meant the libxml2 stuff, one level further removed (so perhaps my question
is more about including it in the libxml-ruby gem).

Ross Bamford

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 07:23 +0900, itsme213 wrote:
> "Ross Bamford" <rossrt@roscopeco.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Any plans to include the underlying libxml2 stuff in the gem (if that
> >> kind
> >> of thing can be done with gems)
> >
> > Not at present, we're maintaining libxml-ruby and libxsl-ruby as
> > separate projects, though the libxsl-ruby gem should offer to install
> > libxml-ruby if you don't have it already.
>
> I meant the libxml2 stuff, one level further removed (so perhaps my question
> is more about including it in the libxml-ruby gem).

Ahh, I see. I don't think it's something we'll do, libxml2 has it's own
dependencies and configuration and would probably not fit well bundled
in a gem...

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk