comp.programming

About my Parallel algorithm...

Ramine

1/12/2015 12:12:00 AM

Hello,

As you have noticed i have implemented a Parallel Conjugate gradient
solver library that is NUMA-aware and cache-aware... and you have to
know that my parallel library is scalable on NUMA architecture...

I have just done a simulation cause i am using a probabilistic
mechanism to render my algorithm NUMA-aware, and this probabilistic
mechanism is very efficient cause i have just done a simulation
and my probabilistic mechanism is giving a very good results and my very
efficient probabilistic mechanism have also rendered my parallel
algorithm into a scalable parallel algorithm on NUMA architecture.

You can download my Parallel Conjugate gradient solver library from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-parallel-implementation-of-conjugate-gradient-linear-system-solver-library-that-is-numa-aware-and-c...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Lew Pitcher

On Sunday January 11 2015 19:11, in comp.programming, "Ramine" <ramine@1.1>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> As you have noticed

Nope. I hadn't noticed.

> i have implemented a Parallel Conjugate gradient solver library that is
> NUMA-aware and cache-aware

Congratulations. So what?

> ... and you have to know

Why do I have to know?

> that my parallel library is scalable on NUMA architecture...

OK, but again, so what?

> I have just done a simulation cause i am using a probabilistic
> mechanism to render my algorithm NUMA-aware,

BECAUSE: you are using a probabilistic mechanism to render your algorithm
NUMA-aware

THEN: you have done a simulation

> and this probabilistic mechanism is very efficient cause i have just done
> a simulation

Cause: you have done a simulation
Effect: the probabilistic mechanism is very efficient

Ergo: the probabilistic mechanism is very efficient BECAUSE you are using a
probabilistic mechanism to render your algorithm NUMA-aware

Tautology?

> and my probabilistic mechanism is giving a very good results

As defined against what standard or test?

> and my very efficient probabilistic mechanism

How did you measure your efficiency?

> have also rendered my parallel algorithm into a scalable parallel
> algorithm on NUMA architecture.

How so?

> You can download my Parallel Conjugate gradient solver library from:
[snip]

Thanks, but no thanks

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"

Richard Heathfield

Lew Pitcher wrote:

> On Sunday January 11 2015 19:11, in comp.programming, "Ramine"
> <ramine@1.1> wrote:
>
>> As you have noticed
>
> Nope. I hadn't noticed.

Quiet, Lew! You'll interrupt his train of thought, and /then/ what will
happen to the ol' stream of consciousness?

ObProg: Could Markov chains be used to provide a convincing simulation of
the OP?

<snip>

--
Richard Heathfield