kenobi

1/9/2015 12:41:00 PM

Do you do planing and coding conforming to
some plan when you coding or no?

Some say (quite reasonebly) that planing can
be used when you exactly know each steps
and youre certain you will not encounter
unknown obstacles etc.

Many attempts to programmings are different
you vaguelly see the next steps, so it is hard
if not impossible to plan

Some opinions? I always use no planing approach
though i must say thus i notice a common problem of finishing something larger... [This may be the probblem of putting to much ambition in energy in
begining steps where i got it no suffice for ending ones ;/ so i tink if i should not change
something]

Some opinions? (sorry this is general topic but it is related to c coding/projects making)
1 Answer

Lew Pitcher

On Friday January 9 2015 07:40, in comp.programming, "fir"
<profesor.fir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you do planing and coding conforming to
> some plan when you coding or no?
[snip]

Generally, if my project is bigger than a "one hour, one off" effort, I plan
my development. Depending on the size and complexity of the project, that
plan may be quite simple or incredibly complex.

For "one hour, one off" projects, I typically work towards a specific goal,
using top-down structured development guidelines as my plan.

> Some opinions? (sorry this is general topic but it is related to c
> coding/projects making)

My opinion? Always work to a plan, with the plan suiting the size and
complexity of the task. You can build a shack "off the cuff", but to build
a house, you need plan.

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"