Bill Cunningham

1/6/2015 8:29:00 PM

I hope this isn't OT. Anyway does anyone know where you can get a pdf of
the 1994 version of ISO 9293 ? Somehow people get these and I've googled and
get nowhere.

Bill

2 Answers

Malcolm McLean

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:28:54 PM UTC, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> I hope this isn't OT. Anyway does anyone know where you can get a pdf of
> the 1994 version of ISO 9293 ? Somehow people get these and I've googled and
> get nowhere.

ISO committees spend a lot of money on arranging international meetings
of interested parties to set the standard, and the only way can recoup
it is by selling copies of their standards. So you'll probably have to
pay for it.

Lew Pitcher

On Tuesday January 6 2015 15:28, in comp.programming, "Bill Cunningham"
<nospam@nspam.invalid> wrote:

> I hope this isn't OT. Anyway does anyone know where you can get a pdf
> of
> the 1994 version of ISO 9293 ? Somehow people get these and I've googled
> and get nowhere.

You haven't googled hard enough, I note.

As Malcolm notes, the ISO standards cost money, presumably to pay for their
creation. However, other standards bodies often adopt ISO standards as
their own, and republish them under their own banner.

One such body is the ECMA (the European association for standardizing
information and communication systems). So, with very minimal googling, I
came up with

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ec...

which notes that "ECMA-107 is identical to ISO/IEC 9293."

HTH
--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"