ANN: Greasemonkey script for adding index to api documentation

Lachie

3/23/2006 10:41:00 PM

http://userscripts.org/scripts...

I'm shortsighted. I turn the fonts up to 11. I invest in large,
expensive LCD screens.

So after a long time of squinting at http://api.rubyo...,
fumbling for the tiny scrollbar to find my favourite method (who knew
writing lots of code could harm the ergonomy?), I finally snapped and
wrote a Greasemonkey user script to help me out.

* works for the old-skool rdoc template (eg. http://ruby-do...)
as well as Jamis'.
* has special support for http://api.rubyo... Act* classes.
* is pretty flexible for the upgrading and improving.

- I've only tried it on Firefox 1.5. Perhaps I'll have a look at
getting it going on Creammonkey (which I first heard of yesterday :)

Hope you find it useful
Lachie

1 Answer

Adam Keys

On Mar 23, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Lachie wrote:
> So after a long time of squinting at http://api.rubyo...,
> fumbling for the tiny scrollbar to find my favourite method (who knew
> writing lots of code could harm the ergonomy?), I finally snapped and
> wrote a Greasemonkey user script to help me out.
>
> * works for the old-skool rdoc template (eg. http://ruby-do...)
> as well as Jamis'.
> * has special support for http://api.rubyo... Act* classes.
> * is pretty flexible for the upgrading and improving.

I like it! Thanks for sending the link.

--
~akk
http://there...