comp.programming

Parallel sort and more about scalability...

Ramine

1/2/2015 11:29:00 PM

Hello,

I have to be frank, we have to be smart when inventing or doing parallel
sort algorithms, my new parallel sort algorithm is smart, cause it is
more cache-aware, but you have to be carefull cause look
at my other parallel quicksort algorithm here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel...

You have to know that this parallel quicksort that uses the
classical way of sorting is not so good, cause when its partition
fonction is used recursively, this parallel quicksort algorithm will
dispatch the arrays to be partitioned each time to different threads,
and this will make it less cache-aware than my new parallel sort
algorithm, and since it will make it less cache-aware , so you will
not get much than 3X scalability by sorting strings and you will get
less that 3X scalability by sorting integers or doubles for example, So
i advice you to use my new parallel sort algorithm of my parallel sort
library version 3.3 that is more cache-aware and that gives you super
linear scalability when sorting strings and it gives you good
scalability when sorting integers and doubles etc.

You can download my new Parallel Sort library version 3.3 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-so...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.