comp.programming

Indexing of Google Images

joelvollrath

12/24/2014 2:13:00 PM

I work for an e-commerce. We recently noticed that Google is not using any of our product images. What was odd was that they were using our competitors images that were the exact same as ours. We eventually came to the conclusion that Google did not like the JavaScript being used to make larger pop-out images. After this I used Jquery to create a lightbox effect. After this we started seeing our images being indexed with pretty good rankings. However, after two weeks the images are now gone. Google has cached some more of our pages this week and the images are again showing up with pretty good rankings. However, I am expecting these to be removed as the others were in the near future. Does anyone has an idea why this would be happening or any ideas of why Google may remove the indexed images?? We would really like have good image rankings in an attempt to get more website hits. This is really confusing me.