comp.programming

A new algorithm of a Parallel Conjugate gradient solver library

Ramine

12/16/2014 11:01:00 PM

Hello,

I have come up with a new algorithm of my Parallel Conjugate gradient
solver library, now it has become cache-aware, but you have to notice
that this new cache-aware algorithm is more efficient on multicores,
since i have benchmarked it against my previous algorithm and it has
given a scalability of 5X on a Quadcore over the single thread of my
previous algorithm , that's a really big improvement ! and now i have
made it NUMA-aware so that the memory transfers from the memory to the
CPU have become parallelized so that it becomes really scalable on NUMA
architecture, and this is also a big improvement ! but to make it
NUMA-aware you have just to allocate your arrays of your matrix in
different NUMA nodes using threads, and that's easy to do.

Hope you will be happy with my new algorithm and parallel library,
frankly my new algorithm have to be written as a PhD paper
or such.. but i have let it like that at this moment.

You can download my new Parallel Conjugate gradient solver library
version 1.1 from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-implementation-of-conjugate-gradient-linear-sys...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

Parallel implementation of Conjugate Gradient Linear System Solver
library was updated to version 1.11.

You can download my new Parallel Conjugate gradient solver library
version 1.11 from: