comp.programming

Parallel Sort library benchmarks are amazing

Ramine

11/4/2014 7:06:00 PM

Hello,

My Parallel Sort library benchmarks are amazing...

I have done some benchmarks on my X86 Quadcore Q6600 by sorting arrays
of strings and my Parallel Sort library is scaling very well, here is
the numbers:

With ctQuicksort(with quicksort) my Parallel Sort library is scaling to
3.65x

with ctMergesort(with mergesort) my Parallel Sort library is scaling to
3.20x

And ctMergesort is faster than ctQuicksort on single thread by 20%.

My other Parallel Quicksort library is scaling much less than my
Parallel Sort library, so all in all i have giving you a wonderful
Parallel Sort library that is very fast and scalable.

I have updated my Parallel Sort library , you can download it from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-so...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

2 Answers

Ramine

Hello,

My Parallel Sort library supports Parallel Quicksort and Parallel
MergeSort and Parallel Heapsort, but you have to know that i have
optimized the Quicksort insidemy Parallel Sort library so that its
partition() function avoids worst case performance and so that it uses
the median-of-three, so the Quicksort inside my Parallel Sort library
is the fastest around.. the Mersort too inside my Parallel Sort library
is the fastest around , so all in all i have brought to you a wonderful
Parallel library that is one of the fastest around and that is scalable !

I have updated my Parallel Sort library , you can download it from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-so...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Ramine

Hello,

My benchmarks was done with FreePascal compiler.

But as you have noticed i have also ported my Parallel Sort library to
Delphi XE versions,
if you are using the Delphi XE versions please download the zipfile
"parallelsort_xe.zip"

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.