comp.programming

Scalable RWLocks

Ramine

10/31/2014 9:59:00 PM

Hello,

I have just read the following PhD paper about NUMA-Aware Reader-Writer
Locks...

Here it is:

http://mcg.cs.tau.ac.il/papers/ppopp2013-r...

You will notice that it is scaling better than the DV Read-Writer lock
cause i think there is less NUMA nodes inthis Reader-Writer lock than
CPU ids in the DV side, so it makes the DV side more expensive in the
writer side. so it makes the serial part in the Amdahl equation bigger ,
so it makes the DV Reader-Writer lock less scalable... but the DV
Reader-Writer lock is good also.

But i have also invented and inplemented scalable RWLocks , here they are:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scala...

The scalability of my scalable RWLocks is good at 1% to 3% of writes,
even more, i have invented scalable and starvation-free RWLocks, you
will find them inside the same zipfile and this makes my scalable
RWLocks attractive and powerful i think.

Please notice that the Reader-Writer lock that is included inside
the Omnithread library is using an expensive atomic operation,
on the reader side , so it makes it less scalable than my scalable
RWLocks, so i advice you to use my scalable RWLocks cause they are more
powerful and they are really good.

You can download my scalable RWLocks:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scala...

Thank you,