comp.programming

Parallel Sort library was ported to Delphi XE versions...

Ramine

10/30/2014 6:37:00 PM

Hello,

I have ported my Parallel Sort library to the delphi XE versions on
the Win32 and Win64 platforms...

Since i have only a computer with a Quadcore, i have tried to do
a scalability prediction using the Amdahl equation of my Parallel Sort
library and the numbers are good, and since i have completly
parallelized the sorting part and the merging part, my Parallel Sort
library is more scalable than my Parallel Quicksort library since on the
parallel quicksort you can not completly parallelize the partition()
procedure and you will still have a serial part in the partition()
procedure that is big.. that makes my Parallel Sort library more
scalable on multicores, but you have to know that on Quadcore the
difference is not by much, but as soon as you use more cores than 4
cores my parallel sort library will be more scalable than my Parallel
Quicksort. So all in all i have brought to you a good an interresting
parallel library to add to your libraries.

You can download my Parallel Sort library from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-so...

For the Delphi XE versions you have to download the zipfile
called "parallelsort_xe.zip"

and for the FreePascal and for Delphi 7 to Delphi2007 you have
to download the zipfile called "parallelsort.zip"

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

The Quicksort implementation inside my Parallel Sort library uses the
median-of-three, and i have also modified its partition() function so
that it avoids worst case performance, so it's really fast.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.