comp.programming

Strasen algorithm

Ramine

10/30/2014 4:21:00 PM

Hello,

I am using the Strassen algorithm for matrix multiplication inside my
multiple linear regression solver, so what about its numerical stability ?

Read this:

"We begin by discussing Strassen-like algorithms, based on recursive
partitioning of matrices into the same number of blocks. We prove that
all such algorithms are stable"

Read the following paper:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~rdk/papers/...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

I am also using LU factorization to compute the inverse matrix inside my
multiple linear regression solver, so what about its numerical stability ?

Read this:

"The LU factorization is numerically stable in practice, and produces a
reasonable growth factor."

Read here on 3.1:

http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lawnspdf/l...

Amine Moulay Ramdane.