Re: traits

Berger, Daniel

3/21/2006 4:50:00 PM

It looks to me like some sort of strange mix of delegation, observer,
module and the Schaerli concept of traits, with a GUI to boot. I don't
think there's any relation to Ara's traits package.

Traits (the Schaerli concept) are largely a solution in search of a
problem in world of dynamic languages, IMHO, especially in Ruby since we
have modules and mixins. To nip the potential
method-redefinition-from-multiple-modules problem in the bud I
collaborated with Mauricio Fernandez and wrote the 'use' package that
let's you selectively include, exclude or alias module methods at the
moment of inclusion.

Regards,

Dan