Re: [QUIZ] Space Merchant (#71

Ross Bamford

3/21/2006 2:55:00 PM

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 13:18 +0900, Timothy Bennett wrote:

> Later, also, if people are interested, we can extend Jacob's
> GalaxyLoader to include item definitions.
>
> Oh, and I also added a description attribute for the planet, which
> should probably also be incorporated into GalaxyLoader.

Maybe we could work it with a block on planet/station initialize, so
that in the .glx file it'd look like:

planet("HUY38M") do
description = "whatever"
something = "whichever"
end

(GalaxyLoader planet and GalaxyLoader station would need to pass the
block, of course)

To make it work both ways, I think we'd need to extend the current
Galaxy#dump to call through to a new method, #dump, on each planet and
station (may as well do sector to, and have the whole dump handled this
way?). This method is responsible for outputting the ruby code above
at dump time. Thus, planets/stations can support whatever they like by
generating as they need to.

?

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk