Re: [QUIZ] Space Merchant (#71

Ross Bamford

3/21/2006 2:47:00 PM

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 17:56 +0900, Ross Bamford wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 08:45 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> > > I had a go with this, but couldn't get it to work.
> >
> > Bummer. Here is where I got the idea, just FYI:
> >
> > http://ian.blen...
>
> Ahh, I see. It looks like we had pretty similar concepts of how it
> should work, but my stdout/stdin references kept on turning into
> DRb::DRbUnknown instances after I made the first call on them.

Okay, I have this working now after a fashion, but still can't get it to
work with the station implementation - I don't know highline well, but
looking through it seems to use readline, termios, or something else on
Windows and I'm not sure we can do anything about that...

So currently it can play multiplayer, as long as you don't dock with a
station (which causes the server to wait for input!) :-(

Have to say, though, that playing in one-player is actually pretty good,
it's coming together well guys :) I think I need to make some
adjustments to the galaxy generation, not just because it sometimes
generates those galaxies with a couple of interlinked, unreachable
sectors, but also because it feels a bit sparse in terms of planets and
stations...

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk

1 Answer

James Gray

On Mar 21, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Ross Bamford wrote:

> Have to say, though, that playing in one-player is actually pretty
> good,
> it's coming together well guys :)

Yeah, this was a fun little experiment. I'm glad we were able to get
it going.

James Edward Gray II