many check_boxes

misiek

3/20/2006 9:14:00 PM

I need use check_box to search function.

sample..

I got like 10 items and each item has over 10 subitems ( or whatever )
Need to check some items use check_boxes and display all subitems
belongs to checked items.

<%= start_form_tag :action => 'find_ckecked'%>
<% @uitems.each do |item| %>
<%= check_box("item", "name" ) %>
<%= item.name %>
<%= submit_tag "search" %>
<%= end_form_tag %>

I have no ideas how to do that please if some body did that before could
give some clues ?!
1 Answer

Dave Burt

misiek wrote:
> I need use check_box to search function.
> <%= start_form_tag :action => 'find_ckecked'%>

This specifically Rails question is off-topic here. Try the Rails list:
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/list...

You'll get better answers for Rails questions like this there.

In direct answer to your question, you probably want to toggle the display
property of the children between "none" and "" (default). The
JavascriptHelper might be of use:
http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActionView/Helpers/JavaScriptH...

Cheers,
Dave