Re: [QUIZ] Space Merchant (#71

Ross Bamford

3/20/2006 9:00:00 PM

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 02:48 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Mar 20, 2006, at 11:41 AM, Ross Bamford wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the problem with that was that, since Sector handles most
> > of the
> > output (and will probably just call puts) the output all goes to the
> > server's terminal :(
>
> Could you have the client pass you $stdout and $stdin, then set them
> on the server?

I had a go with this, but couldn't get it to work. However, in the
process I figured out what I was doing wrong and got it working (I
think), so thanks :)

Two disclaimers: This is only basic, and untested, and I've not used DRb
until this so it's probably not as well put together as it might be...

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.REMOVE.co.uk
1 Answer

James Gray

On Mar 20, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Ross Bamford wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 02:48 +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> On Mar 20, 2006, at 11:41 AM, Ross Bamford wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, the problem with that was that, since Sector handles most
>>> of the
>>> output (and will probably just call puts) the output all goes to the
>>> server's terminal :(
>>
>> Could you have the client pass you $stdout and $stdin, then set them
>> on the server?
>
> I had a go with this, but couldn't get it to work.

Bummer. Here is where I got the idea, just FYI:

http://ian.blen...

James Edward Gray II