ActiveRecord dynamic finder methods

Mark Volkmann

3/17/2006 10:41:00 PM

I've received conflicting answers to this question and I'd like to
confirm the correct answer.

When an ActiveRecord dynamic finder method is invoked, does it create
a new method and save it so the method actually exists the next time
it is called OR does it just evaluate the query based on the method
name every time.

I don't have an opinion on which way is better, I just want to know
how it currently works.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

5 Answers

James Gray

On Mar 17, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> I've received conflicting answers to this question and I'd like to
> confirm the correct answer.
>
> When an ActiveRecord dynamic finder method is invoked, does it create
> a new method and save it so the method actually exists the next time
> it is called OR does it just evaluate the query based on the method
> name every time.
>
> I don't have an opinion on which way is better, I just want to know
> how it currently works.

You can always ask Ruby:

>> Member.respond_to? :find_by_first_name
=> false
>> Member.find_by_first_name("James")
=> #<Member:0x2223208 ...>
>> Member.respond_to? :find_by_first_name
=> false

James Edward Gray II

mirjam

This Year Israel had the Year of Poland & Polish Culture .
We saw Exhibitions , plays and heard Polish musicians ,

I always hear and read about the many Polish who helped save Jews ,
but at the same time we don`t forget that many more that helped the
Nazies. And that Poland should internalize why most death camps were
built there , and not in Germany.
mirjam

B. Cramer

<flaviaR@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On 26-Feb-2009, not@work.org (Vladimir) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:29:13 -0800, "Joe Bruno" <jbruno@indystart.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Major Evidence of the Holocaust
>>
>> The best-kept secret in the U.S. about the Holocaust is that Poland
>> lost six million citizens or about one-fifth of its population: three
>> million of the dead were Polish Christians, predominantly Catholic,
>> and the other three million were Polish Jews.
>
> Where do you get the stupid idea that this is in any way a secret???

Read on, cohen, you dull-witted shit, and you will discover the answer.

Sheeeeeeesh. To think this cohen thing is permitted to vote and to raise
children.

>> OVER 5,000 HOLOCAUST BOOKS IN PRINT AND ONLY A FEW MENTION THE NUMBER
>> OF POLES KILLED
>
> And where do you get his statement from?
> Who counted the booksm & the mentions?
>
>> Why the Polish Holocaust is rarely recognized by American media and
>> wire services or mentioned in Holocaust literature has baffled Polish
>> Americans and Poles, especially since so many books and articles have
>> been published about the Holocaust.
>
> My guess is that
>
> a) no one has ever tried to deny how many Poles were killed
> b) many Poles try to ignore the fact that 3 million of them were
> killed for being Jews, not for being Poles.
>
> Susan

B. Cramer

<mirjam@actcom.co.il> wrote in message

> This Year Israel had the Year of Poland & Polish Culture .
> We saw Exhibitions , plays and heard Polish musicians ,

JEWISH musicians from Poland, cunt.

> I always hear and read about the many Polish who helped save Jews ,
> but at the same time we don`t forget that many more that helped the
> Nazies. And that Poland should internalize why most death camps were
> built there , and not in Germany.

Shut it, whiny jew slag. You're beginning to sound as stupid as the cohen
cunt.

Relevant.Search.Result

On Feb 27, 5:06 pm, flav...@verizon.net wrote:
> On 26-Feb-2009, n...@work.org (Vladimir) wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:29:13 -0800, "Joe Bruno" <jbr...@indystart.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > >Major Evidence of the Holocaust
>
> > The best-kept secret in the U.S. about the Holocaust is that Poland
> > lost six million citizens or about one-fifth of its population: three
> > million of the dead were Polish Christians, predominantly Catholic,
> > and the other three million were Polish Jews.
>
> Where do you get the stupid idea that this is in any way a secret???
>
> > OVER 5,000 HOLOCAUST BOOKS IN PRINT AND ONLY A FEW MENTION THE NUMBER
> > OF POLES KILLED
>
> And where do you get his statement from?
> Who counted the booksm & the mentions?
>
> > Why the Polish Holocaust is rarely recognized by American media and
> > wire services or mentioned in Holocaust literature has baffled Polish
> > Americans and Poles, especially since so many books and articles have
> > been published about the Holocaust.
>
> My guess is that
>
> a) no one has ever tried to deny how many Poles were killed

it's easy they just don't talk about it, the infidel suffering is not
important

> b) many Poles try to ignore the fact that 3 million of them were
> killed for being Jews, not for being Poles.

or for being catholic, or gay......