Unix file desciptors

Lorenzo Chomp

3/15/2006 3:34:00 AM

Hi! I'm new on this list, and right now I'm wondering something... Does somedy know if Ruby streams are Unix File Descriptor's compatible? I need to use a file descriptor opened by another process (a daemon written in C). I'm reading about the IO class, it seems to have a method that allows creating an IO object using a file descriptor (an integer) as a parameter. But I see that File has something similar (I guess that Files is a subcclass of IO). I'm new at Ruby, so I'm not sure about its internals.
Does somebody know something about this? Thanks.

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
Abrí tu cuenta aquí