[ANN] Nabaztag 0.1

Paul Battley

3/13/2006 3:41:00 PM

http://opensource.reevoo.com/2006/03/13/release-na...

I'm pleased to announce the public release of our Nabaztag
communication library for Ruby.

The Nabaztag (http://www.nab...) is a small electronic rabbit
with lights, motorised ears, and speech.

The library enables control of the text-to-speech, ear movement, and
choreography features of a Nabaztag device. It implements a small DSL
for choreography commands.

Paul.

PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

8 Answers

Ara.T.Howard

Paul Battley

On 13/03/06, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
> > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!
>
> may we ask - for what? ;-)

It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
interesting this way!

Paul.

Robert Feldt

On 3/13/06, Paul Battley <pbattley@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/03/06, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
> > > PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!
> >
> > may we ask - for what? ;-)
>
> It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
> success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
> Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
> receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
> playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
> interesting this way!

:)

I find the whole idea of a Ruby library for controlling a little white
rabbit through a REST-ful API over the Internet very entertaining. :)
Thanks for this! I will probably use it for my upcoming programming
introduction for my daughter... :)

Regards,

Robert Feldt

Vincent Arnoux

Being French, I particularly appreciated the phonetic translation to
French of your warning sentence. It made me laugh out loud !

Vincent

Charlie Bowman

I never thought I would want a small toy rabbit but I do! Does it work
in the US?

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 01:23 +0900, Robert Feldt wrote:

> > > may we ask - for what? ;-)
> >
> > It performs a couple of announcement functions. First, it reports the
> > success or failure of builds on the continuous integration machine.
> > Second, it announces every time our review aggregation service
> > receives a ping. It's nothing that couldn't be handled by a computer
> > playing a few samples (or using OS X's text-to-speech), but it's more
> > interesting this way!
> >
> :)
>
> I find the whole idea of a Ruby library for controlling a little white
> rabbit through a REST-ful API over the Internet very entertaining. :)
> Thanks for this! I will probably use it for my upcoming programming
> introduction for my daughter... :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Feldt

Charlie Bowman
Programmer
Castle Branch Inc.

james.adam

Paul, can you bring that to the next LRUG meeting?

Oh, and you're insured if it goes missing, aren't you....? *ahem* :)

- james

--
* J *
~

Zach Dennis

Paul Battley wrote:
> http://opensource.reevoo.com/2006/03/13/release-na...
>
> I'm pleased to announce the public release of our Nabaztag
> communication library for Ruby.
>
> The Nabaztag (http://www.nab...) is a small electronic rabbit
> with lights, motorised ears, and speech.
>
> The library enables control of the text-to-speech, ear movement, and
> choreography features of a Nabaztag device. It implements a small DSL
> for choreography commands.
>
> Paul.
>
> PS - Yes, we actually use this at work!

That's pretty sweet Paul. Thanks for sharing!

Zach

Bill Barnhill

Awesome idea!

I can just see the remake of the Matrix, "Neo, follow the nabaztag". :)

--Bill

Bill Barnhill
i-name: xri://=Bill.Barnhill (For more info:
http://2idi.com/grs/index.php?referral_code=com...
)