ruby -w and '(...) interpreted as grouped expression'

minkoo.seo@gmail.com

3/11/2006 8:17:00 AM

Hi all.

I've encountered enigmatic error message while learning rdoc. This is
the simple program which tests RDoc:

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby -w

# == Synopsis
# Test synopsis

require "optparse"
require "rdoc/usage"

opts = OptionParser.new
opts.on("-h", "--help") { RDoc::usage }
opts.parse(ARGV) rescue RDoc::usage('usage')

puts "hello"

When I run above program like './test.rb', ruby says
"/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/ri/ri_formatter.rb:46: warning: (...)
interpreted as grouped expression"

Why is this warning raised? I have no idea what grouped expression is.

Sincerely,
Minkoo Seo

7 Answers

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: ruby -w and '(...) interpreted as grouped expression'"
on Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:18:47 +0900, "Minkoo Seo" <minkoo.seo@gmail.com> writes:

|When I run above program like './test.rb', ruby says
|"/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/ri/ri_formatter.rb:46: warning: (...)
|interpreted as grouped expression"
|
|Why is this warning raised? I have no idea what grouped expression is.

It's caused by a space before argument parenthesis. I just removed it
from the source code. Thank you.

matz.

CUNTICA

''Awh, love is in the air!''

More like the smell of shit, eh!

The Revd

limeys kill themselves in great numbers

http://tinyurl.c...
"About 1,000 more people killed themselves between 2008 and 2010 than
would have been expected if previous trends had continued, according
to researchers at the University of Liverpool, the University of
Cambridge and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
The British Medical Journal published the study today."

limey Falklands veterans kill themselves:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-94492/Suicide-Falklands-vet...

More limey soldiers kill themselves than are killed in the war:
http://www.theday.co.uk/health/suicide-more-deadly-than-taliban-for-u...

TEE-HEE!

NEMO

The poor ol' piss - bum The Rev'd/Gooooooran Radavich is posting under so many sock - puppets that he's probably forgotten that he's the piss - bum Gooooooooooor an Radavich!

The piss - bum Goooooooooooran Radavich must be drooling & beating off like a demented old circus monkey..........

\\\\y////
^
()
oIIo

"Whap - whup, whap - whap! Eeeeeeeeeeeh!"

"Ooh - ooh, I'm The Peeler!"

\\\\y////
^
()
oIIo

"Whap - whup, whap - whap! Eeeeeeeeeeeh!"

"Ooh - ooh, I'm Nemo!"

\\\\y////
^
()
oIIo

"Whap - whup, whap - whap! Eeeeeeeeeeeh!"

"Ooh - ooh, I'm Cuntica!"

\\\\y////
^
()
oIIo

"Whap - whup, whap - whap! Eeeeeeeeeeeh!"

"Ooh - ooh, I'm Nospamatall!"

\\\\y////
^
()
oIIo

"Whap - whup, whap - whap! Eeeeeeeeeeeh!"

"Ooh - ooh, I'm Bozo!"

\\\\y////
^
()
oIIo

"Whap - whup, whap - whap! Eeeeeeeeeeeh!"

"Ooh - ooh, I'm The Rev'd, an English WASP!"

NEMO

The Revd, "I wish I could also shit on Walter Hampton's face! :)".... & so does Walter Waldo Hampton!

The Revd

11:49 AM (12 minutes ago)

I wish I could also shit on Walter Hampton's face! :)

The Revd

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:12:51 -0700 (PDT), NEMO
<brianlambsbigtoe@excite.com> wrote:

Bumsky: "I wish I could also sit/shit on The Peeler's face! :)".

We wish you would too, Bumsky! LOL!