rjb and Java 1.5

Adam Keys

3/10/2006 12:18:00 AM

I'm trying to use rjb[1] to talk to some Java code compiled with Java
1.5 on OS X. I can run simple examples that only use Sun's code just
fine, but when I try to run our code (compiled from within Eclipse,
if that matters), I'm getting the following error when I attempt to
import one of our classes:

(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) (UnsupportedClassVersionError)

I verified that I built the RJB extension with the 1.5 headers, my
JAVA_HOME variable points to the Java 1.5 installation and when I run
java from the command line, it is Java 1.5. But the error I'm
getting looks like somehow Java 1.4 is getting dragged into the picture.

Anyone seen this error or have an idea how I might eliminate it?

[1] http://arton.no-ip.info/collabo/backyard/?Ruby...

Thanks,
--
~akk
http://there...

1 Answer

The Peeler

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:17:03 -0700, The Rectum, the housebound resident
psychopath of sci and scj, FAKING his time zone again and IMPERSONATING his
master, The Peeler, wrote:

>> <snip the Dutch PIG's usual inane copy & paste troll
>>
>> Keep your stench out of sci, you stinking Dutch PIG!
>
> OUT, anus! LO!

Shut up your anus, The Rectum! Best for you: have it sewn up! <BG>

--
P-Dub about The Rectum:
"The REVD doesn't have to be neutered. He already has no balls. No job.