Modular Ruby

Bernhard 'elven' Stoeckner

3/8/2006 9:39:00 PM

Hi.

Im looking for a framework or some other means of un-/loading ruby code into
a live interpreter. Im thinking along the lines of TCLs interp command
here, which instanciates a new slave interpreter completely unrelated to
the main one, apart from a user-defined interface procs/methods. The slave
interpreter even can source other files and load binary libs without
affecting the main interpreter.

I guess it can be done via Threads and a sufficent high $SAFE value, though
that would still leave the possibility of polluting the namespace of other
threads, wouldn't it?

Reason for all this is a module system that takes class code from files in
order to extend functionality of the main program. Though i'd settle for a
working way of unloading cleanly without leaving stuff in namespace (if the
module author adheres to set interface regulations, of course).

Thanks.
11 Answers

julian.kamil@gmail.com

Bernhard, I am working on such a "sandbox" for the Pandora project.
It's not done, yet, but when it does, it will allow "client side" Ruby
programming through a browser using an object-oriented application
framework. The Pandora wiki engine is pretty solid, and you can
download here:

http://pandora.rub...pandora/Pandora/Project...

Best regards,

Julian I. Kamil <julian.kamil@gmail.com>
http://pandora.rub... - Document publishing and web application
framework
http://books.rub... - The Ruby Bookshelf

Robert Klemme

2006/3/8, Bernhard 'elven' Stoeckner <elven@swordcoast.net>:
> Hi.
>
> Im looking for a framework or some other means of un-/loading ruby code into
> a live interpreter. Im thinking along the lines of TCLs interp command
> here, which instanciates a new slave interpreter completely unrelated to
> the main one, apart from a user-defined interface procs/methods. The slave
> interpreter even can source other files and load binary libs without
> affecting the main interpreter.
>
> I guess it can be done via Threads and a sufficent high $SAFE value, though
> that would still leave the possibility of polluting the namespace of other
> threads, wouldn't it?
>
> Reason for all this is a module system that takes class code from files in
> order to extend functionality of the main program. Though i'd settle for a
> working way of unloading cleanly without leaving stuff in namespace (if the
> module author adheres to set interface regulations, of course).

I think this is not possible using plain ruby because you can always
access constants in gobal scope. If you control your plugins you can
use anonymous classes that register themselves somewhere. If the
registration is deleted their code is no longer accessible.

Other than that I guess you'll need to modify the interpreter in C
code - or create multiple interpreters.

HTH

Kind regards

robert

--
Have a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fu...

Bernhard 'elven' Stoeckner

Robert Klemme scribbled on Wednesday 08 Mar 2006 23:40:
> I think this is not possible using plain ruby because you can always
> access constants in gobal scope. If you control your plugins you can
> use anonymous classes that register themselves somewhere. If the
> registration is deleted their code is no longer accessible.
>
> Other than that I guess you'll need to modify the interpreter in C
> code - or create multiple interpreters.
>
> HTH
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert
>
> --
> Have a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fu...

Thought so. Well, I guess I'll fiddle around with a TCL-like-approach
involving a C base framework managing multiple ruby interpreters sometime
soon.

Gut Nacht :)

PL

On 12/04/2011 9:53, ere iii wrote:
> http://www.tercerainformacion.es/spip.php?ar...

"Sarandon, Glover y Stone agradecen a Carter su intercesi??n por los
cinco esp??as
DDC
Los Angeles 11-04-2011 - 9:00 pm.

Las celebridades ???veinte en total??? s??lo se han interesado por los temas
de la agenda del r??gimen."

http://www.diariodecuba.com/cuba/4081-sarandon-glover-y-stone-agradecen-carter-su-intercesion-por-los-ci...

Pero mucha gente no saben la verdadera historia de los "5", no?
No eran 5, eran 12, no?
Los otros confesaron y por eso el gobierno cubano hace como si no existen.
Hasta ni se atreven de regresar a Cuba.

The lie behind the "5"

Not "5" but 12.

The "Five Cuban Heroes" proclaimed by the Cuban regime were actually
part of a network of 12 spies that infiltrated the U.S. In addition to
the five spies who maintained their innocence but were convicted in a
jury trial (with no Cuban-American jurors), five pleaded guilty to
charges of spying in exchange for reduced sentences, one was deported,
and one fled to Cuba to escape arrest. The trials cost U.S. taxpayers
one million dollars to provide the defendants with a free legal
representation. An appeals court is reviewing the five spies' conviction.

Confirmed by the Cuban embassy in Syria:

"1998
September 12: The FBI arrests a group of "Cuban spies at 5.30 A.M. they
are members of the Wasp Net; they are named:Ren?? Gonz??lez, Antonio
Guerrero, Luis Medina, Rub??n Campa and Manuel Viramontes. Other names
are given until reaching 10, among them two women, but according to the
statements, the main ones, are the first mentioned."
http://embacubasiria.com/loscinco98...

Cuba originally denied they were Cuban agents.

The Cuban regime initially denied the five men were Cuban agents; it
took almost three years, after the spies' conviction, for the regime to
acknowledge that the five spies were in fact acting under its orders and
that they were "heroes."

Complicit in extra-judicial killing.

The regime is silent on the fact that the ringleader of the spies,
intelligence agent Gerardo Hernandez, was found guilty of being closely
involved in the Cuban air force's shoot-down of two civilian planes,
over international waters, that resulted in the deaths of four persons.

"The US government's espionage case also became enmeshed with an
incident that happened in February 1996, in which Cuban air force jets
shot down two of three Cessna aircraft flying toward Havana. Four
pilots, members of the anti-Castro exile group, Brothers to the Rescue,
were killed. Several of the Wasp network agents had infiltrated Brothers
to the Rescue, including Rene Gonzalez, the pilot. In addition to
charges related to information-gathering and the sending of "nonpublic"
information to a foreign power, Gerardo Hernandez was charged with
contributing to the deaths of the four pilots for passing along to Cuban
intelligence information about the group's planned fly-over. Several
other Cubans who were eventually indicted in the incident fled to Cuba
before they could be arrested."

http://www.eyespymag.com/spylis...

Spying on military installations.

The object of the five's spying was not solely the anti-Castro community
in Miami, as the Cuban regime maintains. Among the U.S. military
installations of particular interest to the five spies was the Central
Command located in Tampa, which focuses on the Middle East and has no
operational responsibilities for Latin America.

Confirmed by one of the spies in the Avispa ring at her trial:

"In Miami, the indictment states, Marisol Gari helped keep tabs on
security at the CANF headquarters and helped manage another agent in his
bid to get a job at Southcom, which oversees American military
operations in the Caribbean and Latin America.

Gari also is accused of preparing a report for her Cuban bosses
comparing the costs of U.S. mail service, Federal Express and other mail
handlers."

The Miami Herald September 14, 2001
Lawyer: Accused spy to plead guilty
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/espionage/mariso...

"Alleged Cuban spies George and Marisol Gari, known in their
intelligence-gathering cell as Luis and Margot, reported to at least two
of the five spies convicted in June, U.S. Attorney Guy Lewis said Saturday.

The FBI, meanwhile, said the low-profile couple arrested in Orlando on
Friday also reported at times to alleged fugitive spy Ricardo Villareal,
also known as Hector. "He is probably in Cuba,'' said Judy Orihuela,
spokeswoman for the FBI in Miami.

A federal indictment -- born out of the ongoing crackdown against La Red
Avispa, or The Wasp Network, Cuban spy organization -- accuses the
couple of trying to gain access to mail going to the Cuban American
National Foundation and attempting to infiltrate Miami-Dade County's
Southern Command."

Couple accused of reporting to two Cuban spies
An indictment says George and Marisol Gari tried to gain access to CANF
mail and Southern Command.
Herald Staff Report. Published Sunday, September 2, 2001"
http://www.cubanet.org/CNews/y01/sep0...

"A husband and wife who lived in Miami for about eight years were
arrested in Orlando on Friday and charged with being part of a
now-dismantled Cuban spy ring -- the latest salvo against Fidel Castro's
foreign espionage apparatus on U.S. soil.

A federal indictment accuses George Gari, 41, and Marisol Gari, 42, of
being agents for the Cuban Directorate of Intelligence who assisted in
two primary goals: trying to infiltrate West Miami-Dade's Southern
Command headquarters and to penetrate the inner circles of the Cuban
American National Foundation, a prominent Cuban exile group.

The couple allegedly belonged to Cuba's La Red Avispa, or Wasp Network,
which the FBI busted in September 1998. Five high-ranking intelligence
agents from the group were convicted on federal spying-related charges
in June. Those men are awaiting sentencing."

Couple belonged to Cuba spy ring, FBI says
Husband, wife are arrested in Orlando
By Gail Epstein Nieves, Lesley Clark and Sara Olkon. gepstein@herald.com.
Published Saturday, September 1, 2001
http://www.cubanet.org/CNews/y01/sep0...

"SUPERVISED SPIES

But evidence showed that Laba??ino supervised other spies in their
efforts to infiltrate U.S. military installations -- an offense that
U.S. District Judge Joan Lenard found worthy of the maximum punishment
as recommended under federal sentencing guidelines.

The proceedings continue today with the sentencing of spy Ren?? Gonz??lez.

Laba??ino, in a politically charged 47-minute speech, said he and his
fellow spies were defending Cuba's interests by monitoring for a
possible U.S. invasion and by countering exile-sponsored "terrorism''
against the island."

The Miami Herald
December 14, 2001
2nd Cuban agent given life term for espionage
http://www.cubanet.org/CNews/y01/dec0...

"On 12 September 1998 the FBI arrested 10 people associated with the "La
Red Avispa," or the Red Wasp Network ring, including eight men and two
women in their various south Florida residences. They were accused of
spying on US military installations and anti-Castro exile groups in
south Florida and transmitting this information to Cuba. Among the
military installations the group attempted to infiltrate were the US
Southern Command Headquarters in Miami, MacDill Air Force Base near
Tampa, and Boca Chica Naval Air Station in Key West. The group's goals
included documenting activities, exercises, and trends at the
installations; monitoring anti-Castro groups and disrupting their plans;
and developing positions of vantage from which to warn Cuban
intelligence of impending military strikes against Cuba."
http://www.eyespymag.com/spylis...

"HERNANDEZ, LINDA and her husband NILO HERNANDEZ, 46, were members of
the Wasp Network, a Cuban spy ring in south Florida. Linda, 43, was born
in New York but returned to Cuba where she grew up and married Nilo. In
1983 the couple returned to the United States where he later became an
American citizen. In 1992 they were "activated" as spies and ordered to
move from New York to Miami. They were arrested on 12 September 1998
along with eight other members of the ring. [See also Gerardo Hernandez
and Alejandro Alonso.] Linda was charged with attempting to collect
information for the Cuban Intelligence Service by infiltrating a
right-wing Cuban exile group called Alpha 66. Nilo counted aircraft at
nearby Homestead Air Force Base and reported using a shortwave radio.
Although the information they passed to Cuba was in the public domain,
in a plea bargain, the pair pled guilty to acting as unregistered agents
of a foreign government. Each was sentenced to seven years in prison in
US District court in Miami on 23 February 2000."
http://www.eyespymag.com/spylis...

For lots of data see:
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/avispa...

http://loscincodecuba.blogspot.com/p/lie-beh...

ere iii

"Con algo de dinero, poco m?rito y, por supuesto, ninguna credibilidad,
GDB-IRM trata de mantener la ilusi?n virtual de una activa disidencia
cubana. P?ginas y blog que nadie visita, foros de debate donde s?lo
interviene el administrador... y a la vez manteniendo intereses de negocio
con Cuba y su gobierno".

Enlace:
http://www.rebelion.org/noticia.ph...

On 12/04/2011 10:07, ere iii wrote:
> "Con algo de dinero, poco m??rito(snip)

Reproduciendo mentiras de otros no cambia la verdad Richard Leiva, pero
gracias por mostrar que sucios son.

Pero eso es la verdad y estos son tus palabras:

De ya hace mas de 5 a??os

"La razon d??tras de los ataques mentirosos de Richard Leiva:

El es un racista y antisemita y no le gusta que las pruebas salen aqu??.

Dos de sus mensajes del 2 de lunio 2005:
" ??Sabes qu?? impresi??n das?...la de un ni??o jud??o recogido por una familia
belga en 1940."
https://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/976877b7874362fc?dmode=source...

"Eres de todo, menos belga.
??Sabes c??mo te llamamos por eso?...
Ap??trida.

Eres un ser inferior."
https://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/msg/b6456c63b6a0b5e9?dmode=source...

Es clara lo que piensa este hombre.

Me llama "apatrida" y "un ser inferior" porque piensa que yo soy Jud??o."

https://groups.google.com/group/soc.culture.venezuela/msg/f5ce8129c77e...

Published Saturday, September 1, 2001

Published Saturday, September 1, 2001
[...]

Sab?a que te doler?a, pobre PL...

On 12/04/2011 10:22, ere iii wrote:
> Sab??a que te doler??a, pobre PL...

Mentiras no me duelen.
Estoy acostumbrado a difamadores mentirosos como tu.
El hecho que est??n tan preocupados por lo que hago muestra que
mentirosos son.

Une ejemplo:
http://cubadata.blo...
Bastante visitantes.
Nada mas que 1 sitio.

Los mentiras de Rebellion, repitiendo los para cual el Centre Ernesto
Che Guevara perdi?? su sitio en Francia (abandonaron todo y 4 a??os
despu??s solamente se han atrevido de poner un nuevo sitio en Espa??a
escondiendose detr??s de una entidad en Chile sin el contenido
difamatorio), no me importa Richard.
La vedad me importa.
Y esa verdad es que miles de gente diariamente ven la verdad sobre la
dictadura Castrista.

[...]

La verdad que no les gusta a los apologistas Castristas y la raz??n
porque est??n reducidos a mentiras y insultos:

Published Saturday, September 1, 2001
[...]

tschmidtundert

On Apr 12, 2:39 am, PL <pl.nos...@pandora.be> wrote:
> [...]
> the Wasp Network, a Cuban spy ring in south Florida. Linda, 43, was born
> in New York but returned to Cuba where she grew up and married Nilo. In
> 1983 the couple returned to the United States where he later became an
> American citizen. In 1992 they were "activated" as spies and ordered to
> move from New York to Miami. They were arrested on 12 September 1998
> along with eight other members of the ring. [See also Gerardo Hernandez
> and Alejandro Alonso.] Linda was charged with attempting to collect
> information for the Cuban Intelligence Service by infiltrating a
> right-wing Cuban exile group called Alpha 66. Nilo counted aircraft at
> nearby Homestead Air Force Base and reported using a shortwave radio.
> Although the information they passed to Cuba was in the public domain,
> in a plea bargain, the pair pled guilty to acting as ...

Los gusanos tienen caracteristicas infrahumanas. Para lograr sacar a
Castro no se preocupan por los daños que han causado y siguen
causando a los cubanos de la isla.
Busquen lo que significa infrahumano en RAE.

T.Schmidt
P.S. Ser inhumano es una de las caracteristicas de la sociopatia.
Busquen en sus browsers. Para mi, los gusanos sufren de locura
colectiva.