Re: unicode in ruby

Nuralanur

3/8/2006 6:28:00 PM

Have you tried ruby-oniguruma _http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/o...
(http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/...) ?

Best regards,

Axel
1 Answer

Michal Suchanek

On 3/8/06, Nuralanur@aol.com <Nuralanur@aol.com> wrote:> Have you tried ruby-oniguruma _http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/onigu... (http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/...) ?No. I want an unicode string processing library, not an unicode regexplibrary. Currently I am working on a program that needs to work withCzech text.Unicode is not supported in current ruby (1.8), and I can work aroundthat by using iso-8859-2. I choose the workaround because I need easeof installation, and the latin2 encoding is still widely used.With ruby 2 onigurama should be part of the interpreter. But it stilldoes not give me downcase in utf-8. At least it should be possible tosplit a string into characters using Onigurama, and process thecharacters myself.ThanksMichal-- Support the freedom of music!Maybe it's a weird genre .. but weird is *not* illegal.Maybe next time they will send a special forces commandoto your picnic .. because they think you are weird. www.music-versus-guns.org http://en.police...