Windows Console I/O in Ruby

Matt Hulse

3/8/2006 6:17:00 PM

Is there a Ruby equivalent to the WConio Python Module or similar conio
type support for windows?
(http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/w...)

If not, does anyone have some pointers or documention about porting
this module from Python to Ruby that might help me take a stab at it?

I appreciate any help.

--Matt

2 Answers

Adam Shelly

seems like Ncurses does most of the same things as wconio.
http://ncurses-ruby.b...

I needed to compile PDCurses on windows to get ncurses to work:
http://pdcurses.source...

-Adam

On 3/8/06, Matt Hulse <matt.hulse@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a Ruby equivalent to the WConio Python Module or similar conio
> type support for windows?
> (http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/w...)
>
> If not, does anyone have some pointers or documention about porting
> this module from Python to Ruby that might help me take a stab at it?
>
> I appreciate any help.
>
> --Matt

vanekl

3/9/2006